“Making the Most of Your Woman-Owned Business Ownership in the Federal Government Marketplace”
Thursday, May 30, 2013
10:00 a.m. – Noon
Louisiana Tech University
University Hall, Room 111
Ruston, LA 71270
Small business certifications are like professional certifications–they document a special capability or status that will help you compete in the marketplace. Unlike permits and licenses, you do not need to obtain certifications to legally operate. However, in order to take advantage of business opportunities such as government contracts, you may need to obtain certain certifications. Women business owners should seek to leverage the opportunities available through the federal government to drive revenue growth. This workshop will guide you in doing just that.
- woman-owned small business federal government contract set-asides
- final WOSB ruling and impact and advantage
- eligible NAICS codes
- WOSB certification process
- identifying contract opportunities
- effectively responding to requests for government proposal
- completing required registrations
- computer lab will be available to begin the WOSB certification process or CCR regisration process
For more information: call 504-589-2744 or 504-589-6688.
The bottom portion of the following flyer contains the registration form and instructions for turning it in.