A workshop on the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Programs
Thursday, Sept. 12, 2013
8 AM until 3 PM
LA Tech University Shreveport Center
8028 Shrevepark Drive, Shreveport, LA
“From Concept to Marketplace”
Louisiana Tech University and the Louisiana Technology Transfer Office are sponsoring a workshop for individuals and organizations interested in performing research and obtaining funds to support proof of concept and prototype development for federal agencies.
The workshop will be conducted by Jim Greenwood, a nationally recognized SBIR/STTR consultant who has helped hundreds of firms improve their proposals and successfully compete for SBIR and STTR awards.
Attendees will receive:
- an overview of the SBIR/STTR Programs
- an explanation of the proposal preparation process
- information about the review process, updates on recent changes in rules/regulations governing these programs, and research commercialization plans
- information about the LA SBIR Phase Zero Program which offers $2000 in grant monies to qualified Louisiana companies/researchers to help with the cost of preparing and submitting a SBIR/STTR proposal
- tips for success from SBIR winners
- information about benefits for university research
This workshop is for select, small technology-oriented companies, entrepreneurs/innovators, and university research faculty/department heads that are capable of engaging in innovative, basic research & development with the specific goal to produce a product for market and one that is needed by the federal government. Innovative small businesses, entrepreneurs, inventors, research faculty, and university department heads that are conducting research and developing novel products or services which the federal government may deem valuable are encouraged to attend.
The first 35 paid attendees will be eligible for a FREE SBIR/STTR proposal review by Greenwood Consulting for up to one year from the workshop date, subject to availability.
Seating is limited and advance registration is required. The registration fee also includes materials and lunch.
Register by August 31 for $25.
Registration received between September 1 and September 11, will be $35.
On-site registration is $50.
Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling (318) 257-3537 or online at https://fast-shreveport-sbir-sttr-sep12-2013.eventbrite.com/.