INSURANCE & RISK MANAGEMENT
- Definition of Risk Management and the Steps Involved in the Risk Management Process.
- Insurance Information Institute (III) – This is a link to the small business sector of III. It contains questions such as, “What insurance should my business have?” “How can I insure my home-based business?” “How do I find the right agent?” and many other insurance related topics. For questions about the meaning or interpretation of specific words or phrases, III has a Glossary available.
- The Risk Institute has a resource library that contains many articles written to answer questions business owners may have. Under the “Small Businesses” section there are articles such as: After the Disaster…What Should I do Now? Information to Help Small Business Owners…, Looking Beyond the Obvious Risks…, Open for Business Disaster Planning Toolkit, and many more readily at your disposal.
- The Business Owner’s Playbook – “A guide to protecting your business, growing your assets, and planning for your future.”
by The Travelers, Hartford, Connecticut
- The Institute for Business and Home Safety – This information will help the small business owner prepare for the most demanding situations, and will incorporate additional core elements of emergency preparedness and business continuity planning reflected in national and international standards.