What is a Business Mentor?
“A mentor is an individual, usually older, always more experienced, who helps and guides another individual’s development.” (F. John Reh-management professional and experienced mentor)
- SCORE, Counselors to America’s Small Business, is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization formed in 1964. Volunteers offer small business entrepreneurs confidential business counseling services at no charge. Their volunteers are working/retired business owners, executives, and corporate leaders.
- 60-Second Guide to Finding a Business Mentor: In just 60-seconds, we’ll show you how to find, develop, and nurture a business mentor to help you through the booms and busts of small business ownership.
- The Value of a Business Mentor: By Larry Kesslin
President & Chief Community Officer of the Let’s Talk Business Network
This article explains the value and importance of business mentors.
What is a Peer Mentor?
Peer mentoring can be described as a relationship among peers in which each individual has something to gain from and offer to the other.
- Peer Mentoring Can Offer Career Boost, Requires Trust by Ellen Birkett Morris
March 7, 2003. This article gives details on advantages peer mentoring can provide including great connections, leadership guidance and offering another perspective.
- Peer Mentoring at the University of Denver It provides great insight on peer mentoring and a description of its benefits.
- Edward Lowe Foundation
An organization that promotes entrepreneurial development especially through peer learning.
- Louisiana Economic Gardening Network
A program that provides technical assistance (or peer mentoring) from a strategic research team from the National Center for Economic Gardening.