This page offers several options for finding and attaining funds for entrepreneurial endeavors, which includes:
LOUISIANA VENTURE CAPITAL/OTHER FINANCIAL ORGANIZATIONS:
The information listed under this category is provided as a courtesy. No endorsement is intended by the inclusion herein of the following venture capital organizations.
- Advantage Capital Partners – The Advantage Capital Partners is a group of venture capital partnerships with offices across the United States. The group offers equity and debt capital as well as value-added counsel. It provides loans for small to medium businesses to use towards capital needs, assets acquisitions and expansions.
- BizCapital – BizCapital primarily makes loans for small to medium sized companies. The company funds its own loans and specializes in Asset Acquisitions, Start-Ups, Working Capital, and Business Expansion. BizCapital is also a certified SBA and USDA Lender. Venture capital is provided through BizCapital affiliate Advantage Capital Partners LLC.
Contact: (504) 832-1993
- BVM Capital – BVM Capital is a venture capital firm that provides equity capital to starting businesses as well as businesses looking to expand and that are technology-based or that have unique products for a large market.
- Louisiana Angel Network – The Louisiana Angel Network (LAN) is a non-profit corporation that promotes entrepreneurial growth by bringing together a network of accredited investors interested in potentially making private equity, early-stage investments into Louisiana-based entrepreneurial businesses. Typically, angel-round funding is defined by a company’s need for anywhere from $50,000 up to around $2 million of capital in order to get to the next level.
Contact: (318) 746-8430.
- Louisiana Fund I – Louisiana Fund I is an early stage venture capital fund focused on the identification of investment opportunities emanating from research universities and other organizations in the state of Louisiana.
Contact: (225) 615-8905
- Source Capital Corporation – Corporate finance, equity, and debt investments. Provides venture capital for seed, start-up, first stage, second stage, acquisitions, business sales, debt placement, and government-guaranteed loans. Minimum investment: $100,000. Preferred investment: $250,000 to $600,000. Also, Source Capital’s subsidiary, First Louisiana Business and Industrial Development Corporation (First BIDCO), has certified lender status from the SBA to originate SBA 7(a) guaranteed loans.
Contact: (225) 612-2583
- Stonehenge Capital Corporation – Venture capital subsidiary of Bank One. They function as originator or investor in deals created by others. They provide capital for expansions, later stage, mezzanine, leveraged buyouts, and acquisitions. Minimum investment: $500,000; preferred investment: $1 million to $2.5 million. Generally, does not work with start-up companies. They prefer companies with a history of three to five years of successful sales. They are recognized as a Small Business Investment Company (SBIC) by the SBA.
Contact: (225) 408-3000
- Capital One Southcoast, Inc. – A wholly-owned subsidiary of Capital One Financial Corporation, Capital One Southcoast is a New Orleans-based regional investment bank. The firm’s primary lines of business are equity research, debt and equity sales and trading, and corporate finance. Established companies are preferred.